MAC 10 IQ HEPA Filter
Fan Powered HEPA Filter with a Brain
The MAC 10 IQ is the world's first Smart Fan Filter Unit (FFU). With its built in microcomputer controlled electrically commutative (EC) motor. The MAC 10 IQ is not only smart it is also “GREEN”.
You no longer have to worry about your airflow slowing down from static pressure, filter loading or other local conditions over time. The MAC 10 IQ has a microprocessor that is continually monitoring itself and dynamically adjusts the motor to maintain the preset airflow (set by you), giving you piece of mind that you filter is supplying the correct amount of air at all times and under any conditions. The MAC 10 IQ does all this and more while still being “Competitively priced”.
Other major benefits and advances that come built in standard with the MAC 10 IQ;
- The quietest operating sound level (under 48 dba when set a 90 FPM)
- The lowest energy consumption “Running Amps”
- Low Amps = Low Watts, which translates into lower heatloads (Typically half of most other brands).
When you combine the low energy consumption and low heatloads, you it means a lower utility and cooling bill which means the IQ can quickly pay for itself in a short period of time (compared to other brands that operate with conventual A/C motors). The Mac 10 IQ does all this and more while still maintaining one of the lowest profiles, with high performance and built-in intelligent control.
It's the combination of the GE ECM™ motor with Envirco's patented baffling system and forward curve fan that make the MAC 10 IQ intelligent and energy efficient. This unique merger combines Envirco's expertise in FFUs with GE's expertise in brushless DC electric motors.
The EC motor with internal microcomputer provides low energy consumption - only 80 watts at 90 ft/min (0.45 m/s) - high performance and long motor life. The IQ utilizes Envirco's patented VE5® baffling technology, offering the same low sound level (48 dBA) that is a MAC 10 family benchmark.
Unlike conventional induction motors, the EC motor regulates itself by automatically adjusting its torque and speed. Each MAC 10 IQ includes a digital speed control which provides a constant airflow of 50 - 130 ft/min (0.25 - 0.66 m/s) over a wide range of static pressures.
The MAC 10 IQ maintains airflow so constantly and consistently that the need for future balancing is greatly reduced. The correlated velocity feature of the digital speed control provides infinite control and fine tuning capabilities for each FFU.
The MAC 10 IQ efficiently and easily maintains set cleanroom air levels, and still exceeds IEST Recommended Practices. With its unique constant airflow feature, the MAC 10 IQ is also an ideal component for mini-environments.
- EC brushless DC motor with internal microprocessor
- Digital Speed Control: constant airflow over a wide range of external static pressures
- Low power consumption FFU at 80 watts
- Low sound at only 48 dBA
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter: 99.99% @ 0.3 micron
- 1.00 in. w.g. (250 Pa) of external static capability at 90 ft/min (0.45 m/s) with HEPA filter
- Forward inclined centrifugal-type fan
- Walkable plenum (excluding prefilter)
- Snap-in prefilter; no tools required
- Meets latest IEST Recommended Practices
- UL Listed (120 V, 240 V, 277 V) and CE Marked (240 V) units available
- Various sizes available
- Room-Side Replaceable (RSR): gel seal filter element (available on RSR and RSRE models)
- Infrared Speed Controller: room-side airflow adjustment with a hand-held remote control
- A/C Collar (12 in. (305 mm) diameter): direct connection to air conditioning supply
- Knife Edge: easy placement in gel track ceiling grid systems
- Fluorescent Light: provides illumination with minimal airflow disruption
- Ion Bar: neutralizes static charges below the HEPA filter
- Painted or Stainless Steel Exterior
- Ultra Low Penetration Air Filter (ULPA) Filter: 99.9995% @ 0.12 micron
- ePTFE Boron-Free ULPA Filter
- Monitoring & Control System: on-site or remote monitoring and adjustment from computer terminal
Standard MAC 10 IQ sizes include. (Custom size units are also available)
MAC 10 IQ RSR & RSRE
- 2 ft x 4 ft - 23.63" x 47.63" (600 mm x 1,210 mm)
- 2 ft x 3.5 ft - 23.63" x 41.63" (600 mm x 1,057.5 mm)
- 2 ft x 3 ft - 23.63" x 35.63" (600 mm x 905 mm)
- 2 ft x 2 ft - 23.63" x 23.63" (600 mm x 600 mm)
Room-Side-Replaceable (RSR) models minimize downtime since they make quick filter changes possible while the unit is in place. Additionally, the Room-Side-Replaceable-Everything (RSRE) models allow for full room-side maintenance of the unit, including motor and electrical access. The Mac 10 IQ is ideal for areas with limited access or in applications where frequent filter changes are required. RSR’s are available in 2x4 and 2x2. (Custom size units are also available)